Monday, September 22, 2008

We've got a chunkster!

Today I took Marley to her pediatrician, Dr. Johnson for a weigh in. Her doctors are concerned about her slow weight gain and for the last month I have been feeding her a high calorie formula so that she'll pack on the pounds.

I am happy to report that she is a whopping 13 lbs and 23 inches long. That's still the 1st percentile for both but she has gained more than a pound in a month which is more than I could've hoped for.

Dr. Johnson is not too concerned about her small stature. Marley is happy, healthy and is only a couple months behind in her developmental milestones. From what I've learned through my research on the internet (so dangerous!) is that slow weight gain is common for babies with a metabolic disorder. Plus, I am only 5'3", Jason is 5'7"; so our petite baby takes after us.

Next week we go to see a registered dietician at Oakland Children's Hospital. Before our appointment I must complete a food diary for Marley. Uh...formula, peaches, formula, sweet potato, formula, etc.

1 comment:

Please find us on facebook said...

That's great that Marley is gaining so much weight! Chunky babies are great. Ruby and I would love to see you soon!